Matthew P. Albanese
- Founding Attorney
Matthew P. Albanese MATTHEW P. ALBANESE is the founding attorney of Albanese Law, LLC in Milton and concentrates his practice in estate planning, elder law, probate and estate administration, guardianship and conservatorship, mental health law, and disability law.
He served as Past President of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and is a member of the Boston Bar Association, Norfolk County Bar Association, Plymouth County Bar Association and Massachusetts Guardianship Association. He currently serves as the Co-Chair of Massachusetts NAELA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee .Mr. Albanese also served as the Chair of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys’ 24th Annual Elder Law Institute and has written articles on estate planning and frequently lectures on the faculty for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) focusing on estate planning techniques and long-term care planning. Mr. Albanese obtained his undergraduate degree from Providence College, his J.D. from Suffolk University School of Law and his M.B.A. from Suffolk University’s Sawyer School of Management.
Prior to his employ in private practice, Mr. Albanese served as the Legal Counsel to the Massachusetts House of Representatives Committee on Medicaid. A staunch advocate for seniors, he led the effort to expand the senior work off tax program in his community and has testified before the state legislature and executive agencies on matters affecting the quality of life for the aging and disabled population. Mr. Albanese was a member of the West Bridgewater Board of Selectmen and West Bridgewater Lions Club a. He also served as the Legal Counsel to the Massachusetts House of Representatives Committee on Medicaid.
Mr. Albanese has been featured on Money Matters Talk Radio 970AM and WXBR 1460 AM.
In 2009, he was named Citizen of the Year by the Rotary Club of the Bridgewaters.
A former local official, Mr. Albanese chaired the Plymouth County Selectmen’s Association and was a member of the Regional Task Force on Casino Impacts. In 2015, he was appointed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to serve on the Massachusetts Elder Economic Security Commission.
Outside of work, Matthew enjoys various activities; including mountain biking, painting, swimming, home improvement, international travel and playing trumpet.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Suffolk University's Sawyer School of Management
- Major: International Business
- Providence College
Honors and Awards
- Citizen of the Year, Rotary Club of the Bridgewaters, 2009
- Massachusetts SuperLawyer, 2020, 2022, 2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Historical Society, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Massachusetts Chapter, Past President, and Board Director
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Massachusetts Chapter, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, Co-Chair
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) for Elder Law, Faculty Member
- Cardinal Spellman High School, Brockton, MA, Board of Trustees
- Massachusetts Elder Economic Security Commission
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Plymouth County Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Guardianship Association
- GROW Associates Inc., Human Rights Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Colucci, Colucci Marcus & Flavin, P.C., Milton, Massachusetts, Associate
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Committee on Medicaid, Legal Counsel
Pro Bono Activities
- Council on Aging
- West Bridgewater Lions Club, Past Member
- West Bridgewater Public Schools Strategic Plan Committee, Past Member
- West Bridgewater Board of Selectmen (2004-2010)
- Plymouth County Selectman’s Association, Past Chair
- Regional Task Force on Casino Impacts